Date(s) - 24/01/2019
08:30 - 12:00
Sustainability is one of four strategic focus areas in Subsea Valley. Our main initiative in this field is the SME Climate Roadmap project, chaired by Bjørn Haugland (EVP DNV GL). The project aims to pinpoint specific challenges that our industries can address to contribute to reach the 1,5-degree target in the Paris agreement.
We kick this ambitious effort off on January 24th 2019 and invite everyone who has thoughts on how new technologies can reduce emissions and energy consumption, or how the environmental footprint of companies in the Subsea Valley cluster can be minimized.
To get the discussions started, we will get Equinor, Total, Shell and Institute for Energy Technology (IFE) on stage to present the most resent global energy outlook and talk about the operators’ roadmaps for sustainability and their key challenges. We then encourage the participants to break down these challenges to feasible projects and to engage in multidisciplinary teams from across the value-chain to develop new technologies or methodologies to solve the challenges.
The project reference group, consisting of representatives from DNV GL, Equinor, Shell, Total, and IFE, has considered two main perspectives for the SME Climate Roadmap project:
- New technologies to reduce emissions and energy consumption.
- Reduce the total environmental footprint of companies in the Subsea Valley cluster.
We are also interested in identifying challenges related to sustainability from an SME perspective, or if there are on-going projects that could be of interest for the Subsea Valley members. Please, contact us, and we will make room for this in the workshop as well.
- Energy outlook. How to reach the 1,5-degree target, Arne Lind, IFE.
- Integrated climate strategy & new marked trends, Arve Erga, Total.
- Climate roadmap, Silje Malmstrøm, Equinor.
- Strategy for sustainability, Kristina Wittmeyer, Shell.
- Increase awareness on reduced emissions and the environmental footprint of Subsea Valley companies.
- Define key challenges and feasible sub-tasks.
- Define project groups to target the defined tasks.
For more information, contact Project Manager Emil Løvgren