Subsea Valley (hereinafter also referred to as the “Company” or “we”) processes Personal Data related to representatives of our members, suppliers and business partners, and other persons who contact us, either by participation at our events or by newsletter signup. Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as “Data Subject”).
- Controller responsibilities;
- The purpose of and legal basis for the collection and processing of your Personal Data;
- How we collect your Personal Data and the types of data we collect and process;
- How we use Personal Data collected;
- Retention period for your Personal Data;
- Consequences of not providing us with your Personal Data or requiring deletion of data already obtained;
- Your rights as a Data Subject; and
- How you may contact us.
2 The purpose of and legal basis for collection and processing of Personal Data
The purpose of our collection and processing of Personal Data is to prepare and deliver our services to our members and customers, receive services from our suppliers, collaborate with our business partners and to send information about our work and invitations to events to our members.
The legal basis for our collection and processing of Personal Data is the EU Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). More specifically, we base our processing on Article 6 (1) letter a (consent), b (necessary for the performance of a contract) and f (necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by us, which are not overridden by the interests of the Data Subject). The legitimate interests pursued by Subsea Valley in this respect are the interests in providing our services.
3 How do we collect Personal Data and what types of Personal Data are collected and processed?
Most of the data we process are related to companies and not natural persons. However, the contact information of a company is often linked to a natural person and in some cases it is not possible to separate company data from data regarding a natural person (i.e. where the business is a sole proprietorship). Consequently, we will occasionally be processing Personal Data.
Subject to applicable data protection legislation and depending on the purpose of the processing, we may collect the following types of Personal Data: Name, company, address of company, email address, telephone number, webpage and social media links.
We collect Personal Data in various ways:
- Personal Data related to representatives of our customers, suppliers and business partners are collected from the customer, supplier or business partner itself, or from publicly available sources.
- Personal Data related to the representatives of our members are submitted directly by the representative itself, or from publicly available sources.
- Personal Data related to other persons who we are in contact with are submitted directly by such persons.
4 Duration of the processing
Personal Data are never retained for a longer period than what is necessary for the purposes for which they were collected. We will either permanently anonymise or in a secure manner delete those of your Personal Data that we no longer need or are under an obligation to retain.
5 Consequences if we are not provided with the Personal Data
You are not under any obligation to provide your Personal Data to us. Where our processing is based on your consent, you may at any time withdraw such consent. Please note, however, that if we are not provided with your Personal Data we may not be able to deliver our services to you or receive services from you.
6 Your rights as a Data Subject
As a Data Subject you have, with certain reservations, the right to:
|i.||Obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data related to you are being processed, and, where that is the case, obtain access to the Personal Data;|
|ii.||Obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data related to you;|
|iii.||Obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data related to you;|
|iv.||Obtain from us restriction of processing regarding your Personal Data;|
|v.||Obtain from us a copy of Personal Data that you have provided to us, and request that we transfer these data to another controller (data portability);|
|vi.||Object to processing of Personal Data related to you;|
|vii.||Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in Norway: Datatilsynet); and|
|viii.||At any time withdraw your consent to the processing.|
7 Our contact information
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal address: Fornebuporten, Oksenøyveien 10, 1366 Lysaker